It has been a very long month and I have done a poor job with keeping up with the boys. To catch up, Chris was offered the position at Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, WY as a Counselor/Sport Pyschologist/Residence Life Counselor. I'm sure you can guess what his favorite part is. Actually, every time I call, he is at a game - typically, girls volleyball. So Chris drove out the 2nd week in August and started work on the 17th. We had planned on all of us moving together, but my Dept Head rearranged my Fall schedule and made all my classes half semester, so I would only teach 8.5 weeks. We thought that would work well. .....
Let's just say, it looked much easier on paper - Fortunately Ty still had a spot at Preschool and we have been going week to week with Kylan at the same school and hope he will be able to stay there through the end of September. I teach 6 classes back to back on MWF and 3 75-minute classes, T/TH. I am definitely getting old, because by the end of the day, I am tired. Before I even leave work - climbing up the stairs to my office is sometimes a challenge for my poor quads after spinning, aerobics, pilates and water aerobics:)
Sadly - we have experienced technical difficulties at work and I have been without a mic on most days - therefore, without a voice since school started. Hopefully my body can hold up for 3 more weeks!
Kylan has 6 teeth (4 on top, 2 on the bottom) and it looks like 2 more coming in on top. He has just progressed in the past couple days from his left leg pushoff lunge to a full continual crawl (I'll try to get pictures up soon). He loves when Ty plays with him and talks with him and especially loves to play at Ty's train table. No matter where he is upstairs, he will bee-line it to the train table. Ty is great and let's him play with most of his toys. However, he does like to point out, "Mom, look what Kylan is doing." or the direct approach - "Kylan, No. Don't do that." But for the most part, Ty is a great older brother and really watches out for Kylan and loves to make him laugh. On the way home today, Ty had Kylan gigling at least half the way home. You can't help but smile when you see them like that together.
Ty will pick up any book and read it. When Kylan is sleeping and I am exhausted - Ty will sit down and read a number of books on his own, so I can get some rest. He loves to get the mail when we get home and pick "his" mail to read. In addition, the other day while I was resting, he wrote a list. He came upstairs and informed me that he had written a letter for us. I asked what he meant, so we went downstairs and he said, I wrote out a list. He had written one word, so I sat with him and asked him to help make a shopping list. So he got out his crayons and made a list of things we normally get at the store. He was able to sound most of the words out himself and wrote everything himself. He truly is doing an excellent job with reading, writing and spelling.
No comments:
Post a Comment