Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ty’s First Testimony

Today was the first Sunday of the month, which is Fast and Testimony for our Church.  I had gone to the mother’s room with Kylan and as I was sitting there, I thought I heard Ty bear his testimony, but one of the other mothers was sure it was another child.  When I returned to sacrament meeting with Kylan, Chris confirmed that Ty had bore his testimony.  He told me that Ty had said that he wanted to go pray in the microphone like everyone else.  Chris explained that they were not praying, but sharing their testimony of how much they love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Ty said he wanted to share his testimony too.  He asked what a testimony was.  Chris reminded him that during the sacrament Ty had wanted to eat his crackers, but Chris had asked him to wait until after we had the sacrament so we could think about Jesus.  Ty had said, “I love Heavenly Father and Jesus….can I have my crackers now?”  Chris informed Ty that what he had said was a testimony.  Ty said, “I will say that.”  Chris asked if he was sure.  Ty responded, “Yes”.  Chris asked what he would say.  Ty said, “That I love Heavenly Father and Jesus.”  Ty told Chris to stay on the bench and he would go by himself, however, Chris thought it would be best that he go with him, which was probably best since Chris had to hold him up to reach the microphone.  But he said that Ty did it all on his own.  Ty’s first testimony was:

“I want to say that I love Jesus and Heavenly Father.  And that is because I am thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment