Ty continues to amaze us and make us smiled with his stories, songs and his responses.
Here are a few conversations we have had in the past week:
I should preface this conversation with Ty is home with us for a few months before we put him back in preschool.
Ty was transferring his dirty clothes back to his green basket he looked at me and asked, “Is this my green basket? It’s just like my hook at school – it is green.”
I asked, “Do you miss school?”
Ty, “Yes”
I asked, “Do you miss your teachers?”
Ty, “Yes”
I asked, “Would you like to go to school?”
Ty, “No, I just want to go on Adventures. I can’t go on Adventures if I go to school. But thanks for asking.”
Last Friday:
We were in the kitchen working on breakfast when Ty came in and asked what day it was. I asked him, “What day is it?”
Ty responded, “It’s Friday, share day! Let me get something to share with you. Let me be right back.”
He was distracted along the way and did not quite make it back to share, but I am sure it would have been a train.
“Birthday” Presents
Lately, Ty has been giving us “Birthday” Presents. He found some of his empty shoe boxes. He will fill a shoe box with his trains, cars and other toys and then he enjoys finding us and saying, “I have a surprise for you! It’s your birthday present. Here you go. You need to open it.” And all this with a very big smile on his face. He is so proud of the gift he put together for us.
Chocolate
Even though he his home from school, we have been trying to follow the same curriculum that they are doing. A few weeks ago, it was machines, so we talked about machines and identified machines all around our house and when we would go out. Apparently at school they read about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so the following week the topic was Chocolate. We checked out Charlie and the Chocolate Factory from the library. Chris and I have been reading a couple a chapters a day to him. Of course we paraphrase some pages that are just too wordy in order to keep Ty’s attention. He enjoys the dialog. On Thursday, Chris picked up the movie – the Johnny Depp version for Ty to watch. Ty enjoyed it so much, he informed Chris that he could go away. He was very excited to tell me about it when I got home from work. Friday, we went to the Museum of Natural Science in Raleigh to see the special exhibit on Chocolate. Ty was very excited, he thought we were going to a Chocolate Factory. Although there were a few things of interest, and he sat and watched a brief video of how chocolate is processed, he was a bit disappointed with the exhibit and so was I. Fortunately, Marbles, a children’s museum was just a few blocks away, so he enjoyed playing there for a few hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment