Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The late night reader

Ty has become quite addicted to books – I guess he is definitely part of the family and takes after his mom and Grandma Jensen.  Thursday night (May 28) I came home from work at 8:30 PM.  Ty should have been fast asleep.  However, he heard me come in the house and quietly came out to the stairs to find me.  When I found him on the stairs and asked where he should be, his reply was, “I’m just reading mom.”  I walked him back upstairs to his room and he quickly climbed in the bed and picked up his book and began reading again – in the dark.  I told him he could read for 5 more minutes and I would come back and check on him.  Well when I returned he had turned on his light so he could read easier he said.  I finally convinced him that we could read some more in the morning. 

Recently as we have been reading with Ty, Chris and I like to test him to see if he is paying attention.  So we will change some words or not pronounce them correctly.  Ty will quickly tell us that is not how the story goes and will correct us.  He also likes to cover up parts of words as we read, then of course he removes his finger and says, “No that is not it… “and then tells us how we should have said it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment