Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Big Move! Oct. 9, 2009

Fall break and the end of my half semester classes came quickly. I did not realize how much I still had to pack until the day before moving day and it seemed like I was not making a dent at all. Looking back, it would have been easier if I had not been so quick to get moved out, but had decided that since I had a conference in Colorado the following week, we might as move out that week.

Things started to pile up when my computer at work got not 1, not 2, but 3 viruses in a mater of a week and a half. It seemed like, when we had just cleaned off one, it would get infected by another. This drastically reduced my ability to get my grades completed by the last day of class – Oct. 7.

We had a great group of men from our ward come out to help pack up the moving truck as well as Angie one of my co-workers. Everyone was great and we were able to get most everything packed on the truck. Angie stayed for a few more hours to help with more packing. Then, Chris’s parents and I stayed up all night to complete packing.

The next day, Chris’s parents dropped the boys and I off at the airport and they returned to the house to pack the remainder and clean. Then they headed out with the moving van and car in tow on a trailer.



The boys and I had a direct flight into Denver. Fortunately they did pretty well – only a few minor breakdowns. I struggled to stay awake:) Chris picked us up at the airport. We had a late lunch at our friends the Waldrons in south Denver and let the kids run and play.

Then we headed for our new home – Cheyenne. As we were leaving Denver, it began to snow. By the time we hit Fort Collins, it was coming down pretty good. We just made it through before the north bound I-25 was closed.

Chris had been renting a small one bedroom apartment from a member’s home. The whole apartment is the size of a hotel room or smaller, with a kitchen, laundry and living area. We thought we would be able to make it work. But after just a few days, we decided that we all needed more space.

We quickly searched for an apartment and found a decent one near a large park and elementary school on the bottom floor and decided it would work.

The new apartment at least is large enough for the kids to move around and for us to have our separate spaces.

The first snow fall lasted less than a week, however, the following week, we were hit with another snowfall that actually resulted in school closures due to the accompanying wind which resulted in white outs on some roads.

IMG_4793IMG_4792 IMG_4791

No comments:

Post a Comment