Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 16, 2009

Halloween

I enjoyed dressing Kylan up during the month of October.  Kylan does much better with hoods at this age than Ty ever did.  Kylan actually laughed when we showed him what he looked like in the mirror in the Tigger outfit.  

IMG_4742IMG_4748

Here is Kylan playing with the Dinosaur and working on his standing .

IMG_4751 IMG_4754IMG_4755IMG_4758

The local supper market had some pumpkin cake donuts for sale and with October being national Donut month, I decided to give them a try – they went well with our chili.  The first time I gave one to Kylan, I was fixing dinner and before I could come back and check on him, he had eaten it down.  These pictures were of his second donut experience.

IMG_4760  IMG_4761

Ty has really enjoyed reading Dr. Seuss stories lately and so I had asked him if Dad should be the Cat in the Hat and Ty and Kylan could be Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I thought it would be a fun idea, but Ty didn’t buy into it. 

When I dropped Ty off at school one morning, he asked me to stay for a few minutes.  They were doing there circle time.  It was about 2 weeks before Halloween, but the teacher went around the circle and asked each child to say what they were going to dress up as for Halloween.  Ty had just told me that morning, he did not know what he wanted to be, but when it was his turn, he answered without hesitation - “A train”.  That night I asked him what he was going to be, he said a Train again.  I then asked how he would dress up as a train.  “Mom, I just need a box and we can make it a train.” 

Well, sadly, I did not get around to making him a train costume, so Ty settled for a Train engineer again.  I don’t think he really cared, he was just excited to trick or treat and trunk or treat. 

For school on the Friday before Halloween, they went trick or treating to the different departments on campus (we had Ty in the preschool on campus were Chris works).  He came home very excited to show me his load of candy.  On Halloween, we went to our church for the Trunk-or-Treat. 

They had some activities inside before they began the main event.  Ty was so ready for the trunk or treat, at first he did not want to do any of the little activities – not even decorate a cookie. 

IMG_4805

Well when he realized we would be a while, he finally decided to decorate a cookie.  Sprinkles are his favorite part. 

IMG_4794 IMG_4803

Kylan dressed up as the “roaring” Dragon.  He liked listening to the dragon roar when we would push the button on the costumes chest. 

IMG_4799

Mom and Dad – well we dressed up as undercover cops:)

Kylan just wanted to explore.  Dad kept a watchful eye on him so he would not get trampled by the numerous kids.

IMG_4807

Here is our attempt at Ty and Kylan still for a couple seconds.  Ty did well considering they had just announced it was time to Trunk or Treat, Kylan on the other hand did not want to sit still so Ty kindly is holding him down:)

 IMG_4810 IMG_4811

And here you can see the look of satisfaction as he was able to slip out of Ty’s grip with Ty looking on with disapproval. 

Ty was very focused during the trunk or treat.  He went up to every car and said “Trunk-or-Treat” and then would politely say thank you as he would walk away.  

IMG_4817 IMG_4824IMG_4828

Between cars he would say next or more.  Every now and again, he would glance down at his pumpkin to inspect his growing stash of candy.

IMG_4819IMG_4827

Kylan was a good sport and observed this interesting ritual from the comfort of his stroller. 

IMG_4821 IMG_4822

After we had visited all the cars in the parking lot, Ty of course, thought there should be more cars, we returned to our car where Chris was handing out candy.  Ty was very excited to show Dad the contents of his pumpkin.

IMG_4830

Before we even left the parking lot, Ty was already pulling out candy ready to sugar load.  When we got home, he asked for just 2 pieces of candy.  After 4, we told him it was time for bed.  Every day for the next week, he would ask for a piece of candy from his bucket.  Apparently the novelty has worn off, because it has been a least a week since he has asked for his candy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment