Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Colorado Springs Zoo Nov 6, 2009

Chris had a conference to attend in Colorado Springs on Friday Nov 6.  We decided to go down as a family to give the boys something new to do.  We decided to drive down Thursday night and stay in a hotel.  After we dropped Chris off in the morning.  We returned to the hotel and went to the pool for an hour.  Kylan loved it and Ty enjoyed splashing and “swimming” in his way. 

After showers, Kylan finally napped and Ty enjoyed watching Playhouse Disney.  We left right at checkout time, grabbed some lunch and met Chris. 

Then we headed up the mountain to the Zoo.  It was a beautiful day for November.  I had almost wished I had brought shorts (once the zoo was in the shade, I was glad I was not in shorts).  The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is on the mountain side overlooking Colorado Springs.  The Zoo map states that in the course of walking through the zoo, you climb the equivalent of 10 stories. 

The first animals we visited were the giraffes. 

IMG_4851

There were many of them and we were able to get close enough that you could touch them.  Ty actually said he wanted to feed them.  So I purchased some crackers and he feed one of the giraffes.  The first time, he was surprised when the giraffe stuck out his long tongue to take the cracker and Ty dropped it. 

IMG_4858

So the giraffe just picked it up from the ground.  So then Ty decided to place the second one on the ground for the giraffe to get versus having him take it out of his hand.  I convinced him that the giraffe would rather eat it out his hand versus off the ground.  Surprisingly, he was able to let him eat it out of his hand. 

IMG_4859 IMG_4860

Kylan was quite fascinated by the giraffes and wanted to touch them.

IMG_4863 IMG_4865

The Zoo is set up so that you can really see the animals up close. 

IMG_4866 IMG_4868

 IMG_4870IMG_4872

  IMG_4874 IMG_4875

IMG_4887 IMG_4888

IMG_4910 IMG_4912 IMG_4916

Here is my attempt to get a picture of the boys together.  After Ty had a little breakdown about wanting to go play at the playground, he finally settled down for a picture.  However, it then took a little coaxing to get him to get close to Kylan and then to get them both to look at me at the same time.  A smile from both of them  - well it just did not happen – but I got a shot of them giving each other loves so I guess that will do.

IMG_4878 IMG_4884

Ty was excited to finally get to the playground.  He climbed on just about everything there while Kylan snacked and looked on with jealousy.

IMG_4890IMG_4897IMG_4895   IMG_4899 IMG_4902IMG_4900

No comments:

Post a Comment