After the experience with Kylan on the Wind Caves trail, I found a child backpack. I had been told Vedauwoo had some good trails. Wanted to try out the new pack and itching for another hike, I took Ty and Kylan and drove the 30 minutes out to Vedauwoo Friday July 9th while Chris was at work.
We decided to complete the Turtle Rock Trail, 3 miles. This trail circles a large mountain of rocks that are popular for climbers. In fact as we left we saw a couple groups climbing up the front face.
Ty thought we would see a rock that looked like a turtle and kept looking for one as we made our way around the trail. He didn’t find one, but he did point out a “face” in one of the rocks.
Once again, Kylan started off well, wanting to keep up with Ty and walk on his own, but it was short-lived. Within about 20 minutes, I put Kylan into the backpack. Fortunately he seemed to like it.
About a quarter of the way around the trail, we came to this small waterfall and stream.
Ty announced this was the perfect spot for a picnic. So we stopped and had a small snack before continuing on the trail. I let Kylan walk for as long as he would.
This area is covered by a large rock slab. Ty enjoyed walking up and running down it.
As we came around the backside of the trail, Ty found a small natural bridge between 2 large boulders. Kylan called it a “tunnel”
The following are some shots of the rocks as we made our way around the trail.
Kylan did not quite make it all the way around. He fell asleep in the backpack about 20 minutes before we made it back to the car.
Here is Ty informing me that we were going the right way and that we were almost done.
Although Ty took a few spills on the trail, he did not complain once. In fact, he announced it was the best hike ever and that we had such a good day. I was happy to have the child pack so Kylan could be carried much easier in order for us to make it all the way around the trail.
No comments:
Post a Comment