Kylan loves to play with Ty and mimic what Ty does. In the mornings, he loves to give Ty loves and kisses on the check. He enjoys walking Ty to “skool” and reminds me that we need to pick him up in the afternoon – “Ty skool” if I don’t go the right way. He his helpful and if something drops on the floor will quickly announce, “I get it!” and pick the item up. Recently we have been working on counting – he can count to 3 on his own and then sporadic numbers after that. He likes to identify letters and pick out letters on our shirts.
His favorite items to pick out on the way to school each morning are: buses, geese in the large field on the campus, R R crossing sign and railroad tracks. On the way home he looks for cranes on Centenial campus or downtown Raleigh.
While Chris was home for weekend – we celebrated Kylan’s Birthday with dinner and cake. We had Ty’s friend Patience and her parents over. I decided to go simple and just do a flat cake with train tracks. I decided to use m&m’s to write “Happy Birthday Kylan” by the time we pulled the cake out, the m&m colors had bled – but if you look closely you can pick out the words.
Actual Birthday!
On the way to school this morning – Ty sang his multiple versions of Happy Birthday for Kylan. At Kylan’s school – they let Kylan help make cupcakes and had cupcakes for the afternoon snack and sang to Kylan. For dinner, the boys and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for Kylan’s free dinner and since he loves pizza. When the ice cream sundae arrived, Kylan stood up, leaned over and blew on his sundae. Apparently he thought it had a candle in it he needed to blow out.
Ty quickly pulled the cherry off the top and ate it down – which made Kylan upset.
However, I was unable to get him to eat any of it which is surprising since he was asking for ice cream before we arrived. So Ty decided he would eat the Sundae and eat it he did – down to the last drop.
I love the candle story!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kylan!