Today was the Gator Gallop at Ty’s Elementary School. Each class comes out to the track at different times to see how many laps they can complete in a certain time – I think it was 10 minutes. With each lap, the kids pick up a stick to track how many laps they completed. They then count the sticks from each class to determine who won. Ty was pretty excited for this run. Since I was feeling better (I had been sick this week) and my ankle was okay (had rolled it Monday) – I ran with him.
Ty: “Look there is the cow from Chick-fil-a!”
Here are the kids being led in a 1 minute “warmup” by the Chick-fil-a Cow and a guy from Fleet Foot.
Then they were ready to line up at the starting line: 5 Kindergarten classes all the kids…One mass of kids. Thankfully they released them in thirds so they did not all start at once.
Ty is on the right – middle back – you can just make out his face.
Yes, he is whistling while he runs:)
This is a 1st grade class that had stayed to cheer on the Kindergarten classes – many of them were around the track encouraging the kids and give high fives.
Here is Ty picking up his stick after completing another lap. I think he finished with 6 sticks – so 1 mile.
Coming in for the finish. Yeah Ty! He ran almost the entire time.
He was excited to show off his cool refreshment they received after the race.
When they answered the order of classes, they announced 5th place first – which was Ty’s class. He thought since they were announced first, that meant his class had won. So he excitedly exclaimed, “We won – yeah!!” I didn’t have the heart to correct him because he was so excited.
Here is Ty’s class – Ty is in the front, second in on the left.
Mom and Ty – we did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment