Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 25, 2011

In Training

Kylan has been successfully going potty for months, but only in the evenings at bathtime and right before bed.  Recently he has either come and got me or yelled for me saying he needed to go potty after I had put him to bed.  I thought it was a ploy so he could stay up longer, but he would go potty every time.  So while Chris was home for the long Easter weekend, we put Kylan in underwear  and worked on going potty all day.  Of course we had some accidents, Sunday was the worst, but overall he seemed to do well.  So I sent him to school today in underwear.  They said he did great.  They kept him in underwear in the classroom and put on a diaper when they went outside to play.  He only had one accident at school. 
Tonight he successfully went before bed.  Within 5 minutes of putting them down and saying goodnight, I hear, “Mom, Kylan needs to go potty.” repeated until I went upstairs.  So we went to the bathroom, he was dry and he did pee.  Back to bed.  Within minutes of being downstairs, “Mommy, Kylan needs to go potty!”  and this repeated 6 times.  Each time he was dry and each time he did pee.
IMG_7175  IMG_7176




Here is our potty theme song we made up with Ty.  "Kylan sat on the potty and went pee pee, he did it, he did it, he did it, hooray!"

Hopefully this means he has picked up his bodies signals and greater success is on the way.  At least it’s been over and hour and he hopefully has fallen asleep.  Now it will be fun to see if he is dry in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment