Ty has been anticipating his first day of school for weeks. He has enjoyed going to "school" on campus for the past few weeks while he waited for his real school to start. He was able to meet his teacher and see his classroom last week during the open house. Ty was also very excited to find out he would be riding the bus to school. He was a walker last year, but enjoyed riding the bus a few times with his friend Dillan when I had to be to work early.
We got in later than we had planned last night after spending the weekend in UT/ID. As a result, the boys slept in longer than usual (they are usually our natural alarm clock around 7 AM), but this morning, we had to go in and wake them up. Ty got dressed half asleep and tried to eat his breakfast quickly. I bagged up part of his breakfast to eat on the way.
As we were walking to the bus stop, his bus drove by. So we ran to catch the bus at his stop. Fortunately the mother of another child was talking with the bus driver that gave us enough time for Ty to get there.
Because I was not able to get some good photos of Ty before school, I gave Chris the job and being at the bus stop to get pictures when he came home. Chris was surprised when the bus came and Ty was not on the bus. When I got out of my afternoon class, I had a message that Ty was still at school. Fortunately they had also called Chris and he was able to go pick him up and straighten things out. Apparently they thought he lived on the opposite side of Cascade road and so when he tried to board the bus to come home they told him he was not supposed to ride the bus. But hopefully Chris was able to clarify his address so Ty will not have this problem again.
Even though the bus rides did not go smoothly, Ty still said he had a great first day of school.
The second day of school we were a little more on top of things and this day I was able to get some better pictures.
Kylan was so excited about Ty starting school and riding the bus, that he also wanted to have his picture taken before going to school that morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment